People need to be mature

My third article -  Are you matured enough for your age?

'Maturity'..What does it mean? Many think they are. Actually not. I am not an exception. I dont claim myself as matured enough. I become very immature when i get in touch with immature people(who claim themselves as matured enough). During that situation, its a different ball game altogether. Immature environment makes you feel insecure and make you act as immatured to cope up with the environment or else you will be cornered. It often happens in your today life. If you want to sell something(doesnt mean selling a product or service), say your ideas has to be accepted by the immature environment.


Let me say what immaturity is? Listening to something and acting suddenly to the situation, without even verifying what happened behind the screen. It may be considered fair, when you are in school or when you are not aware of the external world. However its a serious offence to be immature, even when you grow up (per say, even after your under graduation). People who are very aware of external environment, expectation of people from them and act according to it succeeds in their life, says one of my favourite professor.

Dont get scared Kids!!!! Get into corporate, they will teach you what 'maturity' is?..(In case, if you get into corporate). I am saying this because of the very very little experience i've gained and been gaining out of an MNC. Guys who don't have any experience in corporate and if you think that the corporate life will be like your college life, 'I am sorry, You will suffer a lot in the beginning stage'. Once if you cross the line, you will be alright. However until you cross the line, many of the guys who are immature often turn and run back to their home.

In corporate, you will not find the same bunch, as if you are enjoying in your college life. There will be senior professionals, experts, top performers around you. Your superiors will not just give a task and go away like in your college(where you can come back home, google it and do). They will sit on your shoulders(i mean, not literally) and see 'what the f*** are you doing'. Keep in mind, you will not survive in corporate if you dont perform(even if you are a Harvard, IIM, MIT etccc..), unless and until its ur father-in-law's company. The same bunch with whom you enjoyed your college life will not come and help you coz they will also be out of the corporate if they didnt perform and provide some value to the team, in which they are.

So, atleast realise now in which stage you are? Dont compare yourself with the bunch around you and claim that you are matured enough and you can work for any company, a long time. Go out, hit the market, speak with top executives of the industry which you belong to. If you are a graduate, compare yourself with the students of other institutions which are in the same business line, as that of yours. Speak with them, get to know where they stand and where you are?

I am not claiming that I'm Mr.Perfect(I didnt mean 'Prabhas'). However, i've learnt quite a few things during tough phases of my life. I've acted immature several times during my college time and realised later, when i got into corporate life. In my work, i've always been one of the top performers(i can claim this, because this is what i am). I am now in a stage to understand 'What is being mature''Who are matured' because i am with the people who are very smart and renowned people in the industry and in the society. I hold due rights to take on someone, who tries to takes on me trying to prove their smartness with me.

Kids(People now know, whom i am calling)!!!!! See where you are(you may be good with theory, you may be studying in a good institution, blah blah blah) and then start taking on someone who is atleast bit better than you. Dont get into taking on someone, before clearly knowing what they do(coz u will worry a lot when you finally know what they do and what they did so far without your knowledge). Says, my favourite professor again.

The article so far contains experiences and suggestions. The experiences(learning) are from me and the suggestions are from a person who is much more elder, smarter and experienced than you Kids(this is how he calls immatured people).

So, backstabbers!!!!! Get ready to speak about me indirectly coz you will worry a lot when you know about me and when you face me one day..(may be good or bad)